- Terms of Service
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Open Internet Transparency Policy
- DMCA Copyright Infringement Policy
Deerfield Valley Communications Union District (“DVFiber”)
Effective Date: May 31, 2023
Your California Privacy Rights Under the Shine The Light Act
DVFiber will not accept requests via the telephone or facsimile or respond to requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- For all requests, include Customer’s full name, street address, city, state and zip code.
- If sent via email request, Customer must state “Re: Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and send Customer email to [email protected].
- If sent via postal request, Customer must send a letter or post card to:
PO Box 532
Wilmington, VT 05363
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
When Customer uses the Service, the Personal Information Customer voluntarily sends and receives is transmitted over a wireless network, and may be subject to interception by unauthorized third parties. While it is DVFiber’s objective to take reasonable measures to reduce the risk that unauthorized third parties will intercept the information Customer sends and receives through the Service, DVFiber cannot and does not make any guarantee that transmissions over the Internet are 100% secure or error-free.
DVFiber does not knowingly collect, solicit or use Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If Customer is under age 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to DVFiber. If DVFiber learns that it has collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, DVFiber will delete that information as quickly as possible to the extent technically feasible. If Customer believes that its child under age 13 may have provided DVFiber Personal Information, please contact DVFiber at [email protected].
2. WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
The following are the different ways and reasons we collect Customer Personal Information:
Registration process, billing, and administration: Customer name, email address, phone number (wireless and wireline), billing address and billing information (such as credit card account number or other financial account information), service address, and the nature of any of Customer devices or other property making use of the Service. Personal Information also includes Customer proprietary network information (“CPNI”) which is created by virtue of your relationship with DVFiber when you subscribe to our VoIP services or other telephony services. CPNI includes any information that relates to the telephony services purchased (including specific calls you make and receive), quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of our VoIP service, such as call detail, logs, and specifics regarding your VoIP account (such as billing information). Please note that by law, CPNI does not include a customer’s name, postal address, or telephone number. We will also use this same Personal Information for the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance of the Services, and servicing of equipment.
Social Network Platforms:
Some forms of information as described below will be classified as Personal Information if required by applicable law or when such information is directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer or device, or is combined with other forms of Personal Information.
Network Information: DVFiber also collects Network Information, information about Customer’s access to, and use of the DVFiber Network, which may or may not be directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer or device. For example, DVFiber may collect information about the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on Customer property or at Customer premises, when Customer is using the Service, the various devices Customer is using to access the Service, the amount of data Customer is transmitting and receiving, the content of the data Customer is transmitting and receiving, the websites Customer is visiting, and any other information that is transmitted over the DVFiber Network. DVFiber may also aggregate Network Information from multiple customers and DVFiber will share such aggregated Non-Personal Information about the overall performance of the DVFiber Service and the DVFiber Network with our affiliates and other third parties. Aggregated information does not identify a specific individual, computer or device. We use Network Information to monitor and enhance the performance of the DVFiber Network. DVFiber will not monitor the content of the websites viewed or email communications as part of DVFiber’s standard network management.
Generally, DVFiber will only monitor and preserve the following Network Information:
- When Customer is using the Service;
- How Customer is using the Service, such as monitoring traffic patterns regarding websites visited, amount of data being sent or received, or other activity;
- The amount of data Customer is transmitting and receiving through the Service; and
- General information regarding the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on Customer’s property or at Customer’s premises, and its interaction with the rest of DVFiber’s network.
However, DVFiber reserves the right to, and may, monitor, access, review and preserve any Network Information and/or content in the following situations:
- In response to an inquiry from Customer or another Authorized User on Customer’s account regarding Customer or their use of the Service or problems Customer or they are experiencing using the Service;
- If DVFiber has reason to believe Customer is using the Service in violation of Customer’s Service Agreement or any applicable statutes, rules, ordinances or regulations;
- If DVFiber has reason to believe Customer’s use of the Service is negatively affecting other Customers; or
- When DVFiber is required by law or legal process to do so, or when DVFiber in good faith believes that DVFiber is required by law or legal process to do so.
3. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PURPOSES?
DVFiber does not use Customer Personal Information to send marketing and advertising messages related to our own Services and Site using Customer’s email address, postal address, or telephone number (for voice, texts, automated and pre-recorded calls).
DVFiber does not provide third party “Network Advertising,” which is advertising based on Customer’s overall Internet usage across different third party websites or online services. Multiple third party websites and online services are involved in this tailored or personalized advertising process, in essence a “network” of advertising providers. Because DVFiber does not provide network ads, DVFiber does not recognize the “Do Not Track” settings on various Internet browsers. DVFiber does not engage or allow third parties to track you across the Internet and across time for advertising purposes.
4. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
5. DO WE DISCLOSE CUSTOMER PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
- To Our Operational Service Providers: DVFiber contracts with other companies and people to perform tasks or services on DVFiber’s behalf and need to share Customer Personal Information to provide products or services to Customers. For example, DVFiber may use a payment processing company to receive and process Customer’s ACH or credit card transactions for DVFiber, or DVFiber may contract with third parties to assist DVFiber in optimizing DVFiber’s network. Unless DVFiber tells Customer differently, DVFiber does not grant its Operational Service Providers any right to use the Personal Information DVFiber shares with them beyond what is necessary to assist DVFiber.
- For Business Transfers/Restructuring: DVFiber may choose to buy or sell assets, or DVFiber may sell assets or be sold. In these types of transactions, Customer Personal Information is typically one of the business assets that would be disclosed and transferred. Also, if DVFiber (or DVFiber’s assets) are acquired, or DVFiber goes out of business, enters bankruptcy, or goes through some other change of control, including restructuring, re-organization or financing arrangements, Personal Information could be one of the assets disclosed, transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- When Required by Law or in Response to Legal Process: DVFiber reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any Personal Information when DVFiber is required by law or legal process to do so, or if DVFiber has a good faith belief that DVFiber is required by law or legal process to do so.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT CUSTOMER PERSONAL INFORMATION?
DVFiber endeavors to protect the privacy of Customer’s account and other Personal Information using reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures. However, DVFiber cannot and does not guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of Personal Information at any time. Customer’s account is protected by a User ID and password for Customer’s privacy and security. It is Customer’s responsibility to prevent unauthorized access to Customer’s account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting Customer password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to Customer’s computer, tablet or device and browser by signing off after Customer has finished accessing Customer’s account. Customer is required to notify us immediately if Customer’s password or account has been disclosed to a person whose name does not appear on Customer’s account, even if you have allowed such disclosure. Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Customer is solely responsible for any use of DVFiber Services via Customer’s username and password.
Additionally, if Customer contacts DVFiber via website, telephone or in person, DVFiber will ask Customer for verification of Customer’s identification and account. DVFiber utilizes passwords and PIN codes to verify Customer’s identity and for authorization to access Customer’s account. Customers that visit DVFiber in person are also required to provide government issued identification prior to receiving Customer account information or making any changes to Customer’s account.
DVFiber will not send an email or text, nor should Customer respond to any email or text communications asking for any sensitive or confidential Personal Information, such as social security number, bank account or credit card account number, or a driver’s license number. If Customer receives an email or text requesting any such information from DVFiber or someone that claims they are with DVFiber, please contact our Privacy Administrator immediately at: [email protected].
7. WHAT DISCLOSURE CHOICES DO CUSTOMERS HAVE?
8. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN CUSTOMERS ACCESS, MODIFY AND/OR DELETE?
Generally, Customer may access the following Personal Information in Customer’s account:
- Full name
- Username and password
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Billing and Service address
- Account and billing information
By contacting DVFiber at: [email protected], or through any online access portal and/or via telephone, DVFiber may enable Customer to view, access and modify Customer account settings, and in some cases, edit or delete the Personal Information listed above. DVFiber will retain historic email, billing and/or service addresses for security and verification purposes and Customer may not delete such information even after the subscription expires or terminates.
Existing Customers may not delete any Personal Information because such information is necessary to provide and bill for the Services; Customers may only update or modify the following Personal Information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Billing and service address
DVFiber may use any aggregated data derived from Customer’s Personal Information but not in a manner that would identify Customer personally. DVFiber may also maintain Personal Information regarding Customer and Customer’s use of the Service after Customer is no longer a DVFiber customer as required by DVFiber’s business practices, by law, and/or tax reporting purposes. The information Customer can view, update, and delete may also change if required by law. If Customer has any questions about viewing or updating information DVFiber has on file about Customer, please contact DVFiber at [email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding DVFiber’s privacy practices and policies, please contact DVFiber at [email protected] or mail a letter or postcard to DVFiber, PO Box 532, Wilmington, VT 05363
© Copyright 2023 Deerfield Valley Communications Union District – All Rights Reserved.