DVFiber believes that the Internet is an essential service for every Vermonter. We are committed to going to the last mile. Why? The future of our communities’ health depends on closing the digital divide and driving economic diversity.
DVFiber is on a mission to provide affordable, reliable high-speed Internet service that will support economic development and expand educational opportunities within the district.
As DVFiber advances it mission and vision, five principles guide all our work:
- Equity No one should face a barrier based on where they live.
- Performance The Internet should be fast and reliable.
- Affordability Cost should not be a barrier for any Vermonter.
- Reliability The network design should reflect the best industry practices for Vermont’s unique topography, partnering networks, and requirements of users.
- Privacy Vermonters must be able to determine how their data are or are not used. Our network will support net neutrality.
DVFIber is currently reviewing Request for Proposal (RFP) submissions and will soon enter negotiations to establish a public / private partnership with the purpose of securing broadband access for every residence and business in the district. As we move forward, DVFiber measures any possibility against our mission, vision, and principles.
Photo credit Ann Manwaring